San Diego Attorney
James A. McFall, Esq.
James A. McFall, a senior trial lawyer, joined Neil Dymott in 1986 and has been a shareholder since 1993. He is a member of the Board of Directors and the current secretary and treasurer of the firm. Mr. McFall specializes in insurance coverage, bad faith litigation and business litigation with emphasis in environmental/toxic torts and trusts and estates. He has argued numerous appeals before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Second District Court of Appeal and the Fourth District Court of Appeal.
Mr. McFall is a frequent speaker and lecturer on insurance coverage and mold and environmental issues. In 2007 and 2008, he was named one of San Diego’s Super Lawyers in Insurance Coverage by the publishers of Law & Politics Magazine. He was also recognized in the 2009 San Diego Super Lawyers – Corporate Counsel Edition for Insurance Coverage.
- Hastings College of the Law, University of California, J.D.
- University of California, San Diego B.A.
- Bad Faith
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
Admitted to Practice:
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Association of Business Trial Attorneys
- Association of San Diego Business Litigation
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- San Diego County Bar Association – Member, Irish American Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers Association
Attorney News & Announcements:
- Pacific Indemnity Co. v. Bellafonte Insurance Co., (2000) 80 Cal.App.4th 1226
- City of San Diego v. U.S. Gypsum Co., (1994) 30 Cal.App.4th 575
- Hoffman-Haag v. Transamerica Ins. Co., (1991) 1 Cal.App.4th 10
- Maryland Casualty Co. v. Reeder, (1990) 221 Cal.App.3d 961
- O’Connor v. McDonald’s Restaurants, (1990) 220 Cal.App.3d 25
- Horace Mann Ins. Co. v. Analisa N., (1989) 214 Cal.App.3d 850