Jack M. Tallent, II, Esq.
JACK M. TALLENT, II, attended the University of Tennessee (B.S. 1972) and the University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., 1975), and since then has concentrated his practice in civil litigation in State and Federal courts and assisted clients with corporate and commercial transactions. He is a member of the Knoxville, Tennessee, and American Bar Associations, and the American Inns of Court. He is a member of various sections and committees in these organizations including the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, Litigation Section and the Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section, both of the American Bar Association. He has served as a director of the Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel from 2006 through 2009.
Mr. Tallent has been called upon by clients to handle diverse cases arising from business and commercial disputes, insurance coverage and defense, architect and engineer professional liability, construction claims, premises liability, products liability and employment law issues. Mr. Tallent’s additional areas of practice include advice to clients on contract and corporate matters, and he has been a speaker at seminars on construction issues and employment law.
- Defending claims against Bank Directors for violation of duties.
- Representing architects and engineers in claims for professional negligence in State and Federal courts regarding commercial and government projects.
- Representing parties in business transactions regarding contractual matters and business torts
- Enforcement of covenants not to compete for medical practice.
- Representing owners and contractors in claims for additional costs, damages, extra work, delay and disruption.
- Defending shopping center clients in defect claims.
- Civil Litigation
- University of Tennessee – J.D. 1975
- University of Tennessee – B.S. 1972
- Tennessee – 1975
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee – 1976
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee – 2007
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals – 2005
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Bar Association Litigation Section
- American Bar Association Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel