New York Attorney
Ira B. Matetsky, Esq.
Mr. Matetsky is a partner in the Commercial Litigation, Cooperative and Condominium Law and Employment and Labor Law Practice Groups at Ganfer & Shore.
His 25 years of practice includes extensive experience in representing private and public companies, other entities, and individuals in complex disputes including commercial, contract, securities, employment, and real estate related matters.
Memberships and admissions
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (2007)
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (2012)
Member, American Bar Association (Litigation Section); Federal Bar Council; New York State Bar Association (Commercial and Federal Litigation Section); New York City Bar Association; New York County Lawyers Association
- Lead counsel for a group of minority shareholders in an Israeli-headquartered earth-observation satellite company, responsible for coordinating litigation in jurisdictions including the United States, Israel, and Curaçao (former Netherlands Antilles)
- Member of the Ganfer & Shore litigation team representing Mr. Stan Lee, the iconic comic-book writer and editor, in intellectual property matters in New York and California
- Successfully represented a New York City condominium in litigation against a commercial unit owner who refused to contribute to the common charges and expenses of the condominium
- Successfully represented several New York City cooperatives in various litigations, including defense of a cooperative in a suit by a by a group of tenant-shareholders who sought to enjoin a renovation project, and defense of another cooperative against a suit by a tenant-shareholder who sought to enjoin the cooperative from paying for necessary window repairs
- Successfully represented a brokerage firm in defeating a claim by a former broker in a litigation over calculation of compensation under an employment agreement
- Member of the litigation team that successfully represented an international food and beverage company and its owners in multijurisdictional contract, corporate, and inheritance litigation (including proceedings in federal and state courts in New York, New Jersey, and Puerto Rico), resulting in dismissal of all claims against the company and its owners and recovery of more than $6 million in attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses
Attorney News & Announcements: