San Diego Attorney
Hugh A. McCabe, Esq.
Hugh A. McCabe, a senior trial lawyer, joined Neil Dymott in 1987 and has been a shareholder since 1994. He specializes in business and civil litigation with an emphasis in employment law, transportation law, commercial litigation and professional liability. Mr. McCabe is chair of Neil Dymott’s employment and business litigation practice group. He has litigated, arbitrated, mediated and negotiated the resolution of matters where the amount in controversy represented significant risk for his clients.
Mr. McCabe has handled numerous matters in defense of employers and businesses, focusing in the areas of wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, business and commercial litigation, professional liability and transportation litigation.
Mr. McCabe provides client training and education and has spoken on several professional panels regarding various employment and business related topics. He is the current National Vice Chair-Elect for Primerus Defense Institute and recently became a member of the San Diego County Bar Association’s Blue Ribbon Panel for civility, professionalism and integrity. In 2007, 2008 and 2009, Mr. McCabe has been selected one of San Diego’s Super Lawyers in Business Litigation by the publishers of Law & Politics Magazine.
- University of Pacific McGeorge School of Law, J.D.
- Humboldt State University, B.A.
- Business Litigation
- General Liability
- Intellectual Property
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- Public Entity
- Real Estate
- Trucking & Transportation
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of California
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- American Inns of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- International Society of Primerus Attorneys, Vice Chairman, Defense Litigation Practice Group, 2008-2009
- Irish American Bar Association
- Primerus Defense Institute, Chairman, 2009-2010
- San Diego County Bar Association – Member, Blue Ribbon Panel,
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
Heater v. Southwood Psychiatric Center et al., (1996) 42 Cal.App.4th 1068
NNV v. American Association of Blood Banks and Rachel Lugo, (1999) 75 Cal.App.4th 1358
Gonzalez v. Paradise Valley Hospital, (2003) 111 Cal.App.4th 735
The Oaks Management Corporation v. Superior Court, (2006) 145 Cal.App.4th 453
Attorney News & Announcements