Los Angeles Attorney
Garrett L. Hanken, Esq.
Garrett Hanken’s practice focuses primarily on representing property owners in disputes or potential disputes related to investment in, acquisition or sale of, development of, or ownership and operation of real estate and real estate oriented businesses.
Mr. Hanken has particular experience in disputes between owners of real estate oriented business entities and in land use, environmental review, and eminent domain litigation.
- JD, Stanford Law School, Order of the Coif, 1973
- BA, summa cum laude, University of Redlands, English Major, 1970
- Restructuring & Loan Workout
- Carbon Regulation & Trading
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Clean Technology
- Climate Change Litigation
- Climate Change & Sustainability
- Insurance Coverage
- Green Building & LEED Compliance
- Tax Credits
- Air Quality
- Rated, “AV Preeminate 5.0 out of 5,” Martindale Hubbell
- Co-chair of Church and Synagogue Associates (CASA), a non-profit corporation formed by St. Matthew’s Church and University Synagogue to build, co-own, and operate a multi-family low income apartment building in the downtown Los Angeles area.