G. Robert Turner, III, Esq.
Bob Turner’s practice focuses on commercial real estate, commercial and residential land acquisition and development, homebuilder representation, and creditors’ rights matters related to real estate.
His practice includes:
· Representation of opportunity funds and other acquirers of distressed real estate assets.
· Advising clients on rehabilitation and disposition of highly distressed assets and commercial REO.
· Representation of lenders and borrowers in commercial transactions.
· Representation of developers at all stages of development including acquisition, entitlements, covenants and dispositions.
· Advising clients on all aspects of Interstate Land Sales including qualification for exemptions, registration and defense of enforcement actions.
· Advising financial institutions on creditors’ rights matters.
· Real estate foreclosures, work-outs, loan modifications and deed-in-lieu transactions.
Representative clients include: Mattamy Homes, AIG, SunAmerica, Comerica Bank, Mooring Financial Corporation, First Citizens Bank & Trust Company, Regions Bank, PNC Bank, and MidFirst Bank.
Professional and community activities include pro bono legal help for the Legal Services for the Elderly.
Bob Turner was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012 in the field of Real Estate Law and also has an AV Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, which is the highest rating available to an individual lawyer.
Area of Practice
- Creditors’ Rights; Real Estate; Green Law
- J.D., University of North Carolina, 1969
- B.A., Duke University, 1966
- North Carolina, 1971
- Mecklenburg County Bar (past member of the Board of Directors)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute