Elizabeth O'Brien Burke, Esq.
Ms. O’Brien Burke is an experienced litigator with a background in both civil and criminal matters. Her current practice consists of a broad range of business litigation. She routinely advises clients concerning actual or potential litigation in Georgia and elsewhere in the United States.
Prior to joining Krevolin & Horst, Beth spent more than eight years as a litigator in Washington D.C. at Williams & Connolly LLP, one of the nation’s premier litigation firms. During her tenure at Williams & Connolly, Beth’s practice consisted of a wide variety of complex civil litigation, including professional malpractice, negligence and other torts, intellectual property, and contractual issues, as well as state and federal criminal litigation, and other administrative matters. Beth represented individuals and corporations in state and federal courts and in arbitration, and successfully defended matters on appeal.
Before joining Williams & Connolly, Beth served as law clerk to the Honorable Orinda Evans, United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. Beth received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan with high honors, and is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School.
Beth is a member of the bars of the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Georgia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, and the Georgia Supreme Court. She is also a member of the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers.
- University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1997
- Henry M. Campbell Moot Court Competition
- Criminal Law Society Co-President, 1996-1997
- Collaborator on article for The American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, June 1997
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, Bachelor of Arts, with high distinction, 1992, History Concentration
- Branstrom Award
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- University College of Galway, International Studies Program, January-June 1991, Galway, Ireland
- United States Supreme Court
- Bars of Georgia and the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Georgia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia
- Williams & Connolly LLP, Associate, 1999-2008
- • Clerk for The Honorable Orinda Evans, 1998-1999
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Business Torts
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Corporate Governance/Director and Officer Liability/Shareholder Disputes
- Corporate Internal Investigations
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Employment Law
- Insurance Disputes
- Intellectual Property and Trade Secrets
- Professional Liability
- QuiTam/False Claims Act/Whistleblower
- Securities Litigation
- White Collar Crime