Edward S. Schenk, III, Esq.
Edward Schenk handles a variety of general civil litigation matters in federal and state courts and maintains an active appellate practice. He devotes most of his time to defending clients in workers’ compensation claims, various premises liability cases, commercial trucking and transportation litigation, and construction litigation and general tort liability. He is also a frequent presenter, and he enjoys speaking to insurance and industry clients on a number of continuing education topics.
Edward was recognized as a “Rising Star” by his peers in the 2011 and 2012 North Carolina edition of Super Lawyers magazine and in 2013 he was listed in Best Lawyers in America for Workers’ Compensation-Employers. In 2013 Ed was also selected as a “Young Guns (Best Under 40)” by Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite magazine.
Edward graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and received his Juris Doctor degree with cum laudedistinction from Campbell University School of Law. While in law school, Edward was a member of various National Mock Trial and Moot Court Teams. Upon graduation, he was inducted into the Order of Barristers, a nationally recognized courtroom advocacy society, and he continues to assist law students with courtroom advocacy techniques.
Edward is a member of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, North Carolina State Bar, North Carolina Bar Association and Wake County Bar Association. He is licensed to appear in all of the State and Federal civil trial and appellate courts in North Carolina.
- B.A., 2000, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- J.D., 2004, Campbell University School of Law (cum laude)
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Dram Shop/Liquor Liability
- Employment Law
- Government and Municipal Law
- Motor Vehicle Negligence
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
- Workers’ Compensation
Recognition and Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers: “Rising Star”, 2011-2012
- Best Lawyers in America, Workers’ Compensation, 2013, 2014
- “Young Guns (Best Under 40)” Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, 2013
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Order of Barristers
Attorney News & Announcements
- 15 Lawyers from Teague Campbell Dennis & Gorham, LLP Selected to “The Best Lawyers in America® 2015”
- Three Teague Campbell Partners to Speak at NCASI 2014 Annual Conference
- Teague Campbell Partner Named “Young Guns (Best Under 40)” by Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite
- 16 Lawyers from Teague Campbell Dennis & Gorham, LLP Selected to “The Best Lawyers in America® 2013”