Edward P. Connell, Jr., Esq.
Ted Connell’s practice includes litigation, real estate, gaming law, wills, trusts, estates, and workers’ compensation. He is admitted to practice before all state courts in Mississippi and Tennessee, the U. S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the U. S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas and the Eastern and Western Districts of Tennessee.
Mr. Connell received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Mississippi in 1994, graduating Cum Laude. This was followed by receipt of his Juris Doctor from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1997.
While attending the University of Mississippi School of Law, Mr. Connell authored “Mississippi Casinos and the Detention of a Patron: What are the Parameters of a Casino’s Powers in Detaining a Patron and the Subsequent Liability Which Can Follow?” which was published in the National Gaming Law Review. He was also a member Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Eta Sigma, Omicron Delta Kappa, and Phi Delta Phi.
Current Employment Positions:
Areas Of Practice:
- Real Estate
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi, 1997
University of Mississippi, 1994
Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Cum Laude
Mississippi Casinos and the Detention of a Patron: What are the Parameters of a Casino’s Powers in Detaining a Patron and the Subsequent Liability Which Can Follow?, National Gaming Law Review.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- The Mississippi Bar Association (Board of Directors of the Young Lawyers Division, 2006-07, Young Lawyers Assistance Committee, High School Mock Trial Committee, and Coahoma County Representative on the Disaster Legal Relief Committee.)
- Tennessee State Bar
- Coahoma County Bar Association (President, 2005-06)
- Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- The University of Mississippi Alumni Board
- The University of Mississippi Law Alumni Board
- The University of Mississippi Young Alumni Board
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Phi Eta Sigma
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Delta Phi
- Delta Regional Authority
- North Delta Development and Planning District
- Regions Bank National Association