Douglas H. Butler, Esq.
Douglas H. Butler graduated from the Norwich University in 2002 with a B.A. in Liberal Studies. In 2008 Mr. Butler graduated cum laude from Western New England College School of Law. While a student at Western New England College School of Law he was active on the Law Review and served as its Production Editor. Mr. Butler was awarded the Best Trial Brief Award, The Honorable Abraham Smith Award for academic distinction in probate law, and the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Property Law, Income Tax Law, Pretrial Litigation Law and Advanced Civil Procedure Law. Mr. Butler was also the recipient of the George Thompson Memorial Scholarship and the John P. O’Malley Scholarship. Mr. Butler was a member of the Student Bar Association’s Judicial Appeals Board from 2004-2007.
Mr. Butler was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in 2008.
Mr. Butler joined the firm in 2011 as an Associate. Prior to joining the firm Mr. Butler served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Michael Ponsor at the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Mr. Butler also clerked for the Honorable Paul M. Foti and the Honorable Thomas G. West at the Connecticut Appellate Court from 2008-2010, where he assisted in the preparation of a significant number of appellate decisions concerning a broad range of issues argued before the court.
Mr. Butler’s practice with the firm is concentrated on the defense of professional liability claims, product liability claims, liquor liability claims, general tort liability claims, and premises liability claims. Mr. Butler also handles appellate matters for the firm’s clients.
Mr. Butler is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association, Hartford County Bar Association, Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association, and Defense Research Institute.
Mr. Butler is married, has 1 child and lives in Westfield, Massachusetts.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Defense of Professional Liability Claims
- Product Liability Claims
- Probate Litigation
- Liquor Liability Claims
- General Tort Liability Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
- Appellate Matters
- Connecticut, 2008
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Honors: Best Trial Brief Award
- Honors: The Honorable Abraham Smith Award for Academic Distinction in Probate Law
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Honors: Recipient, George Thompson Memorial Scholarship and the John P. O’Malley Scholarship
- Honors: Member, Student Bar Association’s Judicial Appeals Board
- Law Review: Western New England Law Review, Production Editor
- Norwich University
- B.A. – 2002
- Major: Liberal Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Hartford County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Michael Ponsor at the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Judicial Intern
- Hon. Paul M. Foti and the Honorable Thomas G. West at the Connecticut Appellate Court, Clerk, 2008 – 2010