Dina Bernardelli, Esq.
Dina is a partner at Zupkus & Angell, P.C., a women and minority owned law firm in Denver, Colorado, with a regional commercial and insurance law practice. Dina’s practice focuses on commercial litigation defense and all aspects of insurance law including insurance coverage, insurance bad faith, insurance defense, and subrogation. Her insurance defense and civil litigation defense practice concentrates on construction defect, personal injury, premises liability, and employment law. Dina has represented her clients in court at the trial and appellate levels, and has recently written and presented on topics related to current events in insurance coverage, bad faith breach of insurance contract, and construction defect litigation.
Prior to joining Zupkus & Angell, Dina practiced in insurance defense, insurance coverage, and surety law in a regional litigation boutique firm located in Denver, Colorado. Dina is an alumna of the Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague, Netherlands. She earned her J.D. at Boston College Law School where she was a contributing editor on the executive board of the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review, a member of the regional champion Jessup International Moot Court Team, and a student attorney at the Boston College Legal Assistant Bureau. She attended college at the University of Notre Dame where she spent a semester abroad at John Cabot University in Rome, Italy.
Publications & Presentations
- Great Expectations, Primerus Corporate Client e-Newsletter, Xpress, July 2014.
- Presenter: Hotter than a Habanero! Like the Phoenix Rising from the Ashes, New Construction Is on the Upswing (a discussion of recent trends in construction defect insurance coverage issues), ABA ICLC Midyear Program, February 2014.
- Author: Legislating “Occurrence” in Construction Defect Coverage, ABA TIPS, February 2014.
- Presenter: Legal and Financial Aspects of Starting a Business, Women in Design, Business by Design Seminar, February 2014.
- Presenter: Increase Your Bottom Line: Avoiding and Minimizing Construction Defect Claims, The International Society of Primerus Law Firms, Webinar, October 2013.
- Author: Colorado Supreme Court Creates A Slippery Slope In Grease Pollutants Coverage Opinion, Colorado Claims Magazine, Second Quarter 2013, Vol. 11 No. 2.
- Co-Author and Co-Presenter: Insurance and Bad Faith: Contractual Indemnification and the Unique Concerns Presented by Additional Insureds, The International Society of Primerus Law Firms Bad Faith Insurance Seminar, 2012.
- Co-Author: The U.S. Approach to Bad Faith Denial of Coverage and Key Points of Formal Discovery in Federal Courts, American Bar Association, 2011.
- Author: Russian Rule-ette: Using Khodorkovsky’s Criminal Trial to Assess the State of Russia’s Judiciary, BC Int & Comp. L.R., Fall 2008.
- Author: Modern Judicial Reform in El Salvador and Brazil, Law and Justice in the Americas Series, http://lawdigital.com.mons.bc.edu/ljawps/3, January 24, 2008.
- Author: Indonesia: Heightened Jakarta Security May Hurt Provinces, Stratfor, www.stratfor.com, July 31, 2002.
Attorney News & Announcements