David R. Wise, Esq.
David’s practice is focused in labor and employment and construction law. He has represented a wide variety of employers in both the public and private sectors. David has provided advice and counsel in all aspects of human resources and labor relations, including employee handbooks, employment contracts, collective bargaining negotiations, wage and hour issues and medical needs. He has also defended numerous employment-based claims arising under statutes such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII and the New York State Human Rights Law, as well as claims arising from non-compete and confidentiality agreements. He has handled litigated matters in state and federal court and before numerous administrative agencies, such as the Workers’ Compensation Bureau of Compliance, PERB, NLRB, EEOC and the New York State Division of Human Rights. On behalf of municipal employers, David has experience in all facets of, and is well versed in, the Taylor Law.
David has conducted several employer-training sessions concerning, and has frequently lectured on, employment law and human resources.
David’s construction practice includes handling claims involving public and private labor and material bonds and performance bonds, breach-of-contract claims and enforcement of rights under public and private mechanic’s lien law.
Prior to joining ICRH as a partner, David had been with a prominent Poughkeepsie law firm for more then 20 years, including 17 as a partner.
- Whittier College School of Law, J.D.
Research Editor, Whittier Law Review
- Buffalo State College, B.S.
- Labor and Employment
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Member: New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section; Dutchess County Bar Association.
Community and Business Activities
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center, chair board of directors
- Dutchess Community College Foundation, chair of strategic planning committee
- Dutchess County Economic Development Corporation, operational oversight committee, and past director
- Millbrook Youth Hockey Association
- American Cancer Society (Dutchess County Chapter), past director
- Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce, past president
- Regina Coeli School Board, past president
Attorney News & Announcements