David M. Lenz, Esq.
David Lenz joined the firm in 2006. His practice focuses on planning for and administering wealth transfer for individuals and families. David helps clients develop comprehensive plans ranging from complex charitable, retirement, and tax planning matters to often-overlooked items such as planning for digital assets. He also has experience handling many different types of estate and trust litigation matters including will contests, will and trust construction cases, and claims of breaches of fiduciary duty.
David has served for several years as a team captain for the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s 3Rs program and now is a member of its Steering Committee. He is also a leader at Advent Lutheran Church in Mentor, where he is a past president of the congregation council and currently leads its Service Outreach Team. In 2011 he was elected to the Northeastern Ohio Synod Council, which oversees and coordinates efforts of the region’s Lutheran churches. In his spare time, he enjoys playing trombone as a member of the Hillcrest Concert Band. David and his wife, Jennifer, reside in Mayfield Village.
Estate Planning and Probate
- The Ohio State University, 2003
B.S. in Economics
B.A. in Political Science
summa cum laude,
distinction in Political Science
honors in Liberal Arts
- Michael E. Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University, 2006, J.D.
magna cum laude
Order of the Coif
- Ohio State Law Journal – Managing Editor
- Team Captain for Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s 3Rs Program
- Member, Advent Lutheran Church, Mentor
- Church Council President and Endowment Committee Treasurer
- Ohio Lutheran Campus Ministry Mission Development Fund Board
- Hillcrest Concert Band
Court and Bar Associations
- Admitted – State of Ohio
- Member of the American Bar Association – Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association – Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law Section
- Member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Recent Articles, Presentations & Seminars
- Year-End Gift Planning Opportunity - 2012
- 2007 – “Ohio Law Update” presented at Cleveland Bar Association’s Estate Planning Institute
Attorney News & Announcements