Little Rock Attorney
David M. Donovan, Esq.
David M. Donovan’s training for law practice began in college, competing in intercollegiate debate. Following his law school education, David clerked for a United States District Court Judge in Little Rock, before beginning private practice. He is licensed in both Arkansas and Arizona, and has actively litigated in both jurisdictions.
David’s practice focuses on complex insurance and commercial litigation. In recent years, he has focused his practice on: ERISA and disability insurance; insurance bad faith; products liability; professional liability, defending lawyers, engineers, architects, and insurance brokers; construction litigation; complex commercial litigation, including the defense of consumer class actions; and the prosecution and defense of lender liability claims. David also has an active medical malpractice practice.
David has extensive experience in federal court. He was appointed by the Judges of the Eastern District of Arkansas to the Court’s Federal Practice Committee, serving as chairman in 2010. He has conducted CLE seminars on federal court practice.
David’s practice extends to both trials and appeals. He is one of the select few Arkansas litigators who is recognized as both an accomplished trial and appellate lawyer.
David has been the lead defense counsel in the litigation of the constitutionality of the ‘Arkansas Tort Reform’ legislation.
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- ERISA & Disability Insurance Litigation
- Insurance & Bad Faith Litigation
- Labor & Employment Law
- Medical & Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Trucking Liability Defense
Admitted to Bar:
- United States District Court, Arkansas, Eastern & Western Districts
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Broward Community College; University of Kentucky (B.A., 1977)
- University of Arkansas (J.D., with honors, 1981). Associate Editor, Arkansas Law Review, 1981.
- Law Clerk to G. Thomas Eisele, Chief U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of Arkansas, 1981-1983
- Member, Arkansas Law Review, 1979-1981
- Pulaski County, Arkansas, and American Bar Associations
- (Member, Sections on Litigation and Tort and Insurance Practice)
- State Bar of Arizona
- Defense Research Institute (Member: Life, Health and Disability Committee)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Arkansas Chapter President – 2008)
- William R. Overton Inn of Court
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America – Personal Injury Litigation
- Mid-South Super Lawyers – Insurance Coverage
- Chambers USA Leading Business Lawyer (2007-2011) -Labor and Employee Benefits
- Top 50 Attorneys – Arkansas – Super Lawyers