Darrick L. O'Dell, Esq.
Darrick O’Dell is an AV-rated litigation attorney in the Nashville office of Spicer Rudstrom, PLLC. His major practice areas are employment law, including traditional labor law, professional liability, products liability and construction litigation. He also specializes in professional liability cases.
Darrick began his practice in California in 2005 and then returned to Nashville in 2008. He is admitted to practice in all state and appellate courts in California and Tennessee, plus the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California. As someone who has always enjoyed overcoming challenges, becoming an attorney allows Darrick to find solutions that are advantageous for his clients.
Darrick’s background in employment and general liability litigation gives him the insight to provide practical and informed legal services to small and mid-sized businesses. As such, he acts as outside general counsel handling functions such as contract analysis and negotiation, legal direction concerning employment practices and general management of nationwide litigation for businesses in Middle Tennessee.
He was born and lived in the Pacific Northwest before moving to Nashville in 1993. He is a graduate of The University of Tennessee and University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. While in law school, Darrick was a staff writer for The Transnational Lawyer and had the opportunity of taking a class led by Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy in Salzburg, Austria, with other law students from across the U.S. and Europe.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Employment Practices Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- University of Tennessee (B.S., 2002)
- California (2005)
- Tennessee (2008)
- California Trial and Appellate Courts
- California Supreme Court
- Tennessee Trial and Appellate Courts
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance