Baton Rouge Attorney
Daniel Lund, Esq.
A partner of Montgomery Barnett Daniel Lund has been engaged in general civil practice since 1963, with a concentration in trial and appellate practice in a variety of fields. These include antitrust and trade regulation, banking, business, contract, construction, environmental, executive employment, insurance defense, labor, legal malpractice, oil and gas, product liability, securities, trade secrets, transportation, and tort. Mr. Lund also has extensive experience in agency and private arbitration practice, and has served as an arbitrator in several cases.
A member of the American Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel, American Arbitration Association, International Association of Defense Counsel and Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Mr. Lund is a fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Bar Foundation. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Louisiana and all Louisiana state courts; the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, the United States Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Mr. Lund has been admitted as a visiting attorney in the Southern District of Alabama, Western District of Arkansas, Southern District of Mississippi, and Southern District of Texas. Mr. Lund has also practiced before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, and the Louisiana Public Service Commission. Mr. Lund has been a board member of public agencies and a speaker to various groups and seminars.
Mr. Lund was born in 1939 in Washington, D.C. and attended Louisiana State University from 1957 through 1960. In 1963 he earned a Juris Doctor degree from Tulane University School of Law and joined Montgomery Barnett. He became partner in 1967, member of firm Executive Committee 1968-1999, 2000-2003, and Managing Partner August, 1989-August 1998, and September, 2000 to July, 2003.
Mr. Lund is listed in The Best Lawyers In America 2014: Business Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law, Personal Injury Litigation, Bet-The-Company Litigation. Mr. Lund is also ranked in Chambers USA for 2014 under Senior Statesmen in Litigation: General Commercial. He was named by Best Lawyers as “New Orleans Best Lawyers Legal Malpractice Lawyer of the Year for 2011 – 2013″.
Year Joined Organization:
Areas of Practice:
- Litigation & Appeals
- Business & Commercial Law
Honors and Awards:
- New Orleans Magazine’s Top Lawyer for Legal Malpractice Law, 2014
- Best Lawyers in America, 20th Year
- New Orleans Best Lawyers Legal Malpractice Lawyer of the Year for 2011 – 2013
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2007 – 2015 (2014 Business Edition Section: Litigation; Practice Area: Professional Liability Defense)
- New Orleans Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year for 2016
- New Orleans Best Lawyers Legal Malpractice Lawyer of the Year for 2015
- Recipient of Louisiana Bar Foundation’s 2012 Curtis R. Boisfontaine Trial Advocacy Award
Attorney News & Announcements:
- Five Montgomery Barnett Partners Named in the Best Lawyers in America; Partner Ashley Belleau Selected One of the 2012 Women of the Year by New Orleans CityBusiness
- Montgomery Barnett Attorney Receives Prestigious Award from the Louisiana Bar Foundation
- Daniel Lund Named “New Orleans Best Lawyers Legal Malpractice Lawyer of the Year for 2012″