D. Jeffrey Burnham, Esq.
Mr. Burnham has a broad commercial litigation background. His practice focuses on insurance coverage disputes and professional malpractice defense, including medical negligence defense. He also has experience with complex tort litigation, employment law, workers’ compensation and bankruptcy.
- Brigham Young University, B.A., with honors, 1983
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1986
- (Law Review; International Legal Studies Certificate)
Co-Author, “The Role of the Federal Judiciary in the Development of Federalism in West Germany and the United States“, 12 Boston College International and Comparative Law Review 63 (Winter 1989).
Born in Provo, Utah, Mr. Burnham was raised in Northern California and has spent two years in Germany. He speaks German fluently and has taught German at the university level.
Mr. Burnham has been admitted to practice in the State of New York and the United States District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, since 1987, and practiced at a Wall Street law firm for six years before moving to Washington. He is also admitted to practice in the State of Washington and the United States District Court in 1993, Western District of Washington and the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Mr. Burnham is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Washington State Bar Association (Serves presently on the Editorial Advisory Board)
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society