Colleen Meredith, Esq.
Colleen Meredith is a member of the Private Client Group and has a strong background in estate planning and estate and trust administration. Colleen’s practice focuses on the areas of estate planning, estate administration and estate and gift taxation.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Colleen was a Registered Nurse. For more than eight years she served as Assistant Head Nurse at Mt. Sinai Medical Center’s Department of Pediatrics where she was responsible for management of the department and its personnel while providing direct patient care. Colleen also served as President of the Professional Healthcare Educators, Inc., and in that leadership role she planned and moderated educational seminars.
Since Colleen has experience working with families as they deal with extremely difficult medical decisions this gives her a unique perspective into family dynamics and decision making. This insight helps her to guide clients as they deal with complex estate planning issues.
Colleen has served as a Trustee on the Lakewood Hospital Foundation Board since 2012 and was recently elected to the Executive and Governance Committees.
Colleen and her husband, Tom, have two adult sons.
- Fairview General Hospital School of Nursing, 1974
- Cleveland State University B.S. Nursing, 1983
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1987, J.D.
Awards & Honors
- Judge Lee E. Skeel Memorial Award – Outstanding Students in Property Law
- Sue Rubinstein Award – Nursing Excellence
Court and Bar Associations
- Admitted – State of Ohio
- Member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association- Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Law Sections
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the West Shore Bar Association
Areas of Practice:
- Charitable Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning and Wealth Transfer
- Retirement Distribution Planning
- Trust Administration
Attorney News & Announcements: