Austin, Texas Attorney
Carolyn Mitchell, Esq.
Ms. Mitchell serves as of counsel to Downs . Stanford, with a primary focus on Workers’ Compensation and insurance defense. She is board certified in Workers’ Compensation Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Ms. Mitchell has provided representation to many large employers in these areas. With first chair trial experience dating back to 1991, Ms. Mitchell has handled thousands of proceedings before the Texas Workers’ Compensation Commission and is highly knowledgeable about trial and appellate work in the arena of administrative hearings. She also practices in the areas of products liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, contract disputes, and Social Security disability law. Ms. Mitchell has spoken about these practice areas at a number of seminars.
- State of Texas (1990)
- United States District Court—Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- University of Texas, J.D., 1990
- Texas Christian University, B.A., 1987 (Cum Laude)
- Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization