Brittany A. Brent Smith, Esq.
BRITTANY A. BRENT SMITH practices in the areas of ERISA law, pension plans, and employee benefits, technology transfer and commercialization, and corporate and business law. In her work with the firm’s pension and employee benefits practice group, Ms. Brent Smith provides assistance with the design, documentation, administration, audit, litigation, termination, and qualification of employee health and welfare and pension plans for both public and private employers. In the area of technology transfer and commercialization, Ms. Brent Smith provides legal services related to intellectual property licenses and options, material transfer agreements, and non-disclosure agreements. Ms. Brent Smith also assists business and corporate clients with establishing, organizing, and maintaining their business entities.
Ms. Brent Smith graduated cum laude from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2011 with a Concentration in Business Transactions from UT’s Clayton Center for Entrepreneurial Law. While in law school, Ms. Brent Smith served as a Research Editor on Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law, represented the third-year class on the Student Bar Association, and served as the Secretary for the Law Women organization. Prior to attending to law school, Ms. Brent Smith earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 2007 from the College of Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina.
Areas of Practice
- ERISA law, pension plans, and employee benefits
- Technology transfer and commercialization
- Corporate and business law
- University of Tennessee – J.D. 2011
- College of Charleston – B.S. 2007
- Tennessee – 2011
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Agricultural Contract Clauses For Supplying Energy Crops To The Biofuels Industry – Part II - Written By: William Mason and Brittany Brent Smith (Paradigm Fall 2013)
- Case Synopsis, Williamson County Ready Mix, Inc. v. Pulte Homes Tenn. Ltd. P’Ship, 11 TRANSACTIONS: TENN. J. BUS. L. 1 (2009).