Brian M. Culnan, Esq.
Head of the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group, Brian focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation and labor and employment disputes.
Brian has substantial experience litigating a wide range of labor and employment-related issues, including employment discrimination (Title VII, age and disability), enforcement of covenants not to compete and protection of proprietary business information, and ERISA and other matters related to employee benefits. Most recently, he has led the firm’s defense of a class action lawsuit in which five Albany area hospitals were alleged to have conspired to suppress nurse wages in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act.
Brian’s representation of business clients has involved a range of diverse issues, including health care law and credentialing issues, managed care liability, commercial real estate disputes, the New York Lemon Law (representing several motor home manufacturers), and the New York Freedom of Information Law.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A.
- magna cum laude (with honors)
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- New York State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Albany and Saratoga County Bar Associations
- Capital District Trial Lawyers’ Association
Community and Business Activities:
- Christian Brothers Academy (Albany, NY), board of trustees
- International Association of Approved Basketball Officials, Adirondack Board 36,member