Brent S. Usery, Esq.
Brent is a trial attorney. He graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Arkansas. At Arkansas, Brent was a Walton Honors College Scholar, a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and a member of the University of Arkansas Rugby Club. He obtained his J.D. from Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law at the University of Memphis, where he was a member of the Moot Court Executive Board.
Brent’s practice is concentrated primarily in the following areas: governmental liability and civil rights defense; insurance coverage and bad faith; and management-side employment law. He has received an “AV- Preeminent” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest designation for legal ability and ethical standards.
Outside the practice of law, Brent enjoys playing basketball, running and traveling with his wife.
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Governmental Tort Defense Litigation
- Management-Side Employment Practices Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Arkansas (B.B.A., magna cum laude, 2003)
- Tennessee (2006)
- Tennessee Trial and Appellate Courts
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- United States District Courts, Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee
- United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit