Los Angeles Attorney
Bernard M. Resser, Esq.
Leadership: Committee Member of Business Law and Dispute Resolution Practice Group
Bernard M. (Bernie) Resser is a seasoned and accomplished trial lawyer and former federal prosecutor. He applies experience gained over 30 years and uses cutting-edge technology to deliver winning results for a diverse and sophisticated business clientele.
Bernie’s client-centered approach achieves successful resolution of disputes as quickly as possible through strategic motions and mediations and, when necessary, trials and appeals. His litigation practice encompasses business disputes involving corporate, real estate, intellectual property, commercial, and unfair competition matters across many industries.
Bernie’s effective use of state-of-the-art trial presentation techniques has been featured in theNational Law Journal and the Law.com. Successes achieved for his clients have been reported in the Los Angeles Times and the Los Angeles Daily Journal. Bernie’s consistently strong performance is reflected in his preeminent (AV 5.0 out of 5) peer review rating with Martindale-Hubbell. Also, he has been recognized as a “Southern California Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation every year since 2005, as published in Los Angeles Magazine and the New York Times.
Bernie grew up and attended high school, college, and law school in Los Angeles. He is active in the community, having served on the boards and as an officer of non-profit organizations, including as president. Bernie and his wife of over 30 years have two adult children. He enjoys golf, gardening and Lakers games.
- JD, University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- BA, Economics and Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles
- Intellectual Property
- General Commercial Litigation
- Investment Fraud Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Restaurant, Food & Beverage Law Group
- All state and federal courts in California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Member, State Bar of California
- Former Judge Pro Tem, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum of Top Trial Lawyers in America
- Past President of the Board of Trustees, Kehillat Israel, Pacific Palisades, California
Articles & Publications:
- Five Things Every Executive Should Consider When Faced with a Business Dispute - Bernard M. Resser, Esq.