Richmond, Virginia Attorney
Angela Boice Axselle, Esq.
Angela Axselle joins Goodman Allen Donnelly following a distinguished career in the Office of the Attorney General for the Commonwealth of Virginia. During her eight years of practice with the Attorney Generals office, Ms. Axselle gained extensive litigation experience through her representation of the Department of Corrections in 1983 actions, tort claims, employment matters and mandamus and habeas petitions. She has investigated and and prosecuted hundreds of cases under the Sexually Violent Predators Act of which more than 40 resulted in a jury trial. Her experience extends into the areas of qui tam investigations and litigation as well as the handling of multiple claims and appeals filed under the Virginia Birth Injury Fund.
Ms. Axselle will focus her practice primarily in the area of civil litigation with an emphasis on health care, medical malpractice defense and the representation of health care providers in professional liability matters as well as in criminal matters involving drug and alcohol addiction.
Professional Affiliations, Awards and Service
- Virginia State Bar Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course Faculty (2012-2015)
- Henrico Bar Associationm, Board of Directors (2012-present)
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- T. C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, J.D., (1999)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, B.A. (1994)
Admitted To Practice
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virignia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court