Amy L. Neuschafer, Esq.
Amy Neuschafer is an associate practicing in appellate advocacy, retail / hospitality / entertainment defense and premises liability. During law school, Amy provided editorial and research assistance to Professor David G. Owen for Products Liability Law, as well as several other articles and publications. Prior to joining Collins & Lacy in 2007, Amy served as a Staff Attorney for the South Carolina Supreme Court.
- Professional Liability
- Retail / Hospitality / Entertainment
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor
- Cum Laude
- University of North Carolina, B.A., Communication Studies
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Practice Focus/Trial Experience
- Retail / Hospitality / Entertainment: defending national and regional leaders in the retail, hospitality, and entertainment sectors doing business in South Carolina in claims alleging premises liability, loss prevention, food adulteration, third party torts, Dram Shop / alcohol liability. Also involved in matters pertaining to licensure and other administrative decisions of state regulatory agencies.
- Premises Liability: representing retail and restaurant clients in personal injury actions arising from “slip and fall” and ”trip and fall” cases.
- Appellate Advocacy: draft of appeals, case preparation and internal advisor on appellate cases.
Awards and Recognition
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star® (2013 - 2014)
- CALI Award, Products Liability Research Problems
Professional, Civic, and Community Involvement
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal
- University of South Carolina, Order of the Wig & Robe
- University of North Carolina Alumni Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- Collins & Lacy to Present at Palmetto Paralegal Association, October 15, 2010
Attorney News & Announcements